Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Any transmen around that could answer my questions?

I was wondering if there's anyone out there that's either going to change gender or already did that could answer my questions. My questions are how and what is it like to go about the process of getting the surgery. read on wikipedia and it said to go to a psychiatrist to get 2 recommended notes for the surgery. What ever i'm just lost so plz help if you know.Any transmen around that could answer my questions?
What a surgeon requires depends on the surgeon. Though most will require you've presented as male for a year, and been on HRT (hormone replacement therapy), and have a letter from your gender therapist diagnosing you with GID (Gender Identity Disorder) and recommending that you take hormones an surgery. An endocrinologist who will proscribe you testosterone will likely require the same letter, though it depends, a surgeon definitly would though.

For myself, I don't have a gender therapist, but I got a bunch of phone numbers of ones in my area, and called them and grilled them on transsexuality. One was very helpful, an gave me the name of an endo she works with. So I now go to him for T, he doesn't require a letter or official diagnosis.

It really depends on the surgeon or endo what they require. I know one guy who was only on T 6 months, an he was able to get top surgery. And hormones is definitely a perquisite to bottom surgery, you want as much growth in that area as possible before surgery.

Hope I helped. Peace out man.Any transmen around that could answer my questions?
if you want start the transition you must frequent an psychologist or psychiatrist to certify the Gender Identiy dysphoria then you can go to the endocrinologist who will give you testosterone.



only after 21 years old you can go to psychologist or psychiatrist and ask for the psychiatric examinascion and gives to the court to do operations ...

No comments:

Post a Comment