Monday, June 6, 2011

Does the year or times change our gender roles as men and women?

I hate it when i get responses like:

鈾yita Zuleika Reyes鈾?

';Wow, what is this 1955?



Most people in the before the women movement and the sexual revolution were very unhappy with marriage. It's not for everyone and not every woman wants to be stuck in the house being a slave to her husband and her children. You act as if it's easy **** to pop out babies, raise them, cook, clean, and be a good wife at the same time. It's not for everyone. I would be rather have a awesome job that lets me travel the world and have as many boyfriends and no children. I believe that women should sow their wild oats too and have their own cake and money.';

or

Amy C :

';Seeing as how it's the year 2009, the role and responsibilities of women are numerous and varied. I want to be a mom one day-- the type of mom who can bring home the bacon AND cook it. My mom worked 9-10 hour days and still had time to cook for us and spend time with us. I hope I will have her strength as well as a husband/partner who will be willing to share the same responsibilities (which was what my mother did not have).';



I know what year it is, I think we all know what year it is. It does not change our gender roles though. That is a weak example to disagree.



ThoughtsDoes the year or times change our gender roles as men and women?
Like I'd wrote in our private exchange: Yes, time does change gender roles. Otherwise, women would be confined to the home with no say in politics or in any public entities.



I, by no means, am judging you like some others might have in your last question nor am I trying to impose my ideals onto you. My mom was a full-time stay-at-home mom at one point in my life and if circumstances should force me to take on the same role, I will. But I'm just speaking for myself. Don't take it personally. If you're a full-time mom, all the power to you. Your kids are lucky to have a mom that can devote extra time and attention to them.Does the year or times change our gender roles as men and women?
Firstly, if I ever write a polemic against a user, provided it is not a habitual troll, I seldom call them out by their name. It starts a lot of angry venting on this category. In future, please abstain from calling a user out by their name.



To answer your question, ';modern'; is just one of those terms (there is a specific terminology for this, but I'm no Shakespeare) that is used almost as a conjunction with binary opposition. If an ideology/substance must be ';modern';, then most assuredly the opposing ideology is archaic. It's a persuasive tactic. ';Modern'; does not exist - what we deem as ';modern'; will be archaic in the next 150 years, and that in itself is an overstatement. Given, gender roles are not modern nor archaic, but are simply the product of societal ideologies at best.
Yes they have society itself has changed because so many norms have been decimated or changed for this or that group.

Feminist have killed chivalry which has changed the dating world.

Homosexuals have changed religions which is changing laws

Gangs are changing the media which is promoting violence and chaotic lifestyles.



Those are just examples but in you question its more of a Womens Equal rights thing so with equal pay comes equal gender roles so a man no longer has to be the provider if he doesnt want too, he no longer has to do all the things to get in a girls pants or no longer has to be honorable. Girls can get pregnant at a young(early teens) age and every congratulate her.
Wow, so what that's my opinion. Women have a choice to what they want to do and so do men. It's not our destiny or roles to be wives and mothers. Nor is it a man's responsibility to work and bring home the bacon. Most people don't even get married anymore. Obviously, these genders don't work and they will never work. Not all me want a stay at home wife and not all women want to be stuck at home all day with the kids. Marriage is about teamwork. There are a lot of stay-at home dads and there are a lot of married couples who don't have kids. So WTF are you talking about? Just because you see a nuclear family with a dad mom and 2.5 kids and the dad works while the mom stays home doesn't mean that they are happy.
Its not the year but the times have changed things. It started when women had to go to work during WWII. When the men came back it was impossible to go back to how things were. Women had tasted the rewards and trials of making a pay check. Many other factors have come in to play as well but that was a big start to those things. You can go back further to women's suffrage. You could even go back to I think Hildagarde a middle ages christian lady who was some what of a Renaissance lady before the Renaissance happened. Of course do we really know the family structure from through out the ages or just the past few hundred years. I do believe there are roles we are more suited to as male or female but they are not limiting in the ways they have been in the past. It has not all been good changes but it can hardly be said it has been all bad changes either. I hold to a more traditional view but I value freedom. Women should be able to work if they so choose and if a guy doesn't like that then find a girl willing to stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment