Monday, June 6, 2011

If your transgendered, were you able to change the gender on your citizenship/naturalization certificate.?

How did you do it?If your transgendered, were you able to change the gender on your citizenship/naturalization certificate.?
Yes I did.



For the most part in the USA you need to FULLY transition, that means everything including sex reassignment surgery. By the way legal sex in the USA is determined by your birth certificate. After treatment transsexual people can change they birth certificates in 47 states. Only Ohio, Tennessee and Idaho do not allow changes, although those states will allow it sooner or later. The actual process of changing birth certificates varies slightly from state to state. In my state I petitioned the local Probate Court and asked to change the name and sex on my birth certificate. I showed them the notarized certification letter from my surgeon, paid the fee and less than two weeks later the court order arrived in my mail box. I then took the court order to the city hall of the place where I was born and was issued a brand new birth certificate (not an amended one). Beleieve it or not the legal fees were only $12.



Information about the process in various states can be found here:



http://www.tsroadmap.com/reality/birth-c

.If your transgendered, were you able to change the gender on your citizenship/naturalization certificate.?
I think that the degree of difficulty may vary by state? Ask this in the Legal Forum of Craigslist. Good luck!
Not yet, need surgery, will be able to afford it in 7 years
you where BORN A MAN THUS YOU ARE A MAN NO MATTER WHAT!!!
Yes I did. I live in Las Vegas Nevada, and I hired an attorney to take care of all my legal matters involved in transitioning, Name Change, Birth Certificate, Drivers License, Social Security. I could have done it all myself but the attorney saved me allot of time, and headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment