Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My ';girl';friend want to have a sex change (gender reassignment), surgery, but has a few questions?

These are what he asks:



';1. How much does it cost?



2. How long does it take to heal?



3. What effect does the hormones have on my body?



4. Will I always have to take hormones or will my body start producing them?



5. Will I start to grow boobs or will I need implants?



6. How long is the surgery?



7. What are the major Risk of the Surgery?



8. Do they put you to sleep or numb you for the surgery?



9. Is there a way for me to store my sperm till me and my girl friend are ready to have a kid?';



And before anyone asks, I'm a girl, and I'm fine with it. I'm bisexual, and I love her no matter what she looks like.My ';girl';friend want to have a sex change (gender reassignment), surgery, but has a few questions?
So, before she can even have the surgery, she has had to complete many other steps beforehand that can take a significant amount of time, like meeting with an approved therapist for six months to confirm that yes, she really is a transsexual. This is assuming, of course, you are going to get it done in the US. Some actually fly to other countries that have little to no rules on who can get gender reassignment surgery and are able to skip the entire process in the US and can be back with the surgery done in a matter of days, literally, plus it's much cheaper than the US process. Of course, it is very risky doing that and only someone really knowledgeable about the surgery (before, during, and after it), which after reading all your questions, sounds like you're not. As for all those questions you're asking, you really need to see a doctor and/or therapist, because some of those can vary a lot, especially cost.

I also posted some websites that I believe are very informative and can help you guys out a lot.

I hope everything works out! :)My ';girl';friend want to have a sex change (gender reassignment), surgery, but has a few questions?
She needs to speak to a doctor not a bunch of Yahoos (literally).
He should ask his doctor these questions.
you'd better be fine with supporting him/her for the rest of his/her life too. because i can tell you he/she will never be able to find or keep a normal job once he/she gets cut. no one's going to hire someone like that.
Might try asking in the lesbian, gay, bisexuals section...it's under the cultures and groups. But I'm willing to bet there are some MTF folks in there who have done this before.

Still need to speak with a doctor, who specializes in this, but they should be able to give you a general idea.



of the Q's I know...or can at least tak a logical guess at..

4: He will always have to take the hormones, the surgery wont change his genes which is what controls what hormones a person takes.

5: The hormone treatments grow breast for some guys...and wont for others. If he wants 'big' breast surgery is the way to go.

7: All surgeries carry the major risk of dying on the table, even with modern technology it's still a risk. I'd imagine there are other risks as well with this type..again talk with a doc.

8: I'd be very surprised if this was a one day, numb you up surgery. pretty sure your knocked out for it.

9: Yes, you can get the sperm frozen for later use. Check with the doc, or ask the local sperm bank. Dont even have to explain why.
And i'm supposed to be tolerant to this kind of stuff? When I was a kid, I sure wish I grew up in home with 2 moms with one who used to be a man but underwent gender reassignment. Gosh I really missed out on that one.



I care little for what you're looking for, i'm not going to have my opinions politically corrected. I'll say and think as I see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment