Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Are religion and transsexualism mutually exclusive?

The 3 Abrahamic faiths condemn cross-dressing which is the first step of becoming a transsexual (aka the Real Life Experience). So how could anyone purport to be a religious Jew, Christian or Muslim is they decide to change gender?



Jews and Christians are agreed upon the old Testament:

';The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.'; Deuteronomy 22:5



Muslims follow the Quran and Sunnah/Hadith:

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men, and he said: “Throw them out of your houses.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5885).



I know many transsexuals are Atheist so do not accept the above, but are there any religious transsexuals and how do they reconcile this with their faith?



Thanks!



PS: Please note I am NOT making reference to intersexed individuals. Only biological males/females who decide to switch gender through cross-sex hormones and surgery.Are religion and transsexualism mutually exclusive?
Yes they are definitely mutually exclusive but the greater sin would be to deny the existence of God.



People sin for what ever reason, then later they might repent for it sincerely and not persist in that sin. I'm pretty sure God would forgive them. If they never repented properly, then I guess they'd go to Hell, but that doesn't give other people the right to attack them.



What I'm saying is: advise people of your faith, then let them do what ever they want to do. Follow the law of the land and leave it in God's hands. So long as you're not participating, I don't see why you should keep on at people and cause aggravation.Are religion and transsexualism mutually exclusive?
religion is dumb
moses wore a dress.
Look. Just get the op and be done with it.
Certainly those religions would condemn transsexualism (not just with cross-dressing, also with 'effeminate men'), but then again they additionally condemn so many other things that their followers can be. I've encountered Christian transsexuals, the same as I know a gay Muslim and a female vicar. Just because their religious doctrines disagree with these things, it doesn't mean there can't be people who accept the religion anyway.

Personally I do not accept the discrimination in religion, and I wouldn't want believe in it if it wanted to condemn me for my preferences.
They pick and choose. Everyone picks and chooses their rules. Otherwise this world would violate way too many human rights. And no one would work on sundays. But I love working on sundays, so when I was still religious, I just picked and chose whichever the rules I liked. Not many go by all of the rules. They just believe because they believe in god, like heaven and they feel immense guilt for all the little ';sins'; they did. I'm so glad I became an atheist. No more guilt and stress for all the little sins that are otherwise acceptable in any society. Even the San people wouldn't look at promiscuity as bad and sinful. It's just those ancient societies in middle east that found sex disgusting and couldn't control themselves, so they created these rules. We are all descendants of the San people and they have just one pregnancy every 3 to 4 years and they don't need such rules. I wonder what happened with the rest of us that can't control ourselves without some rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment