Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Going to the doctor about having gender dysphoria?

I've told my whole family about wanting a gender change (I'm 16 and just want to see a clinic to test whether I'm a true transexual at the moment) they took it a lot better than I thought- my dad and sister didn't seem to mind at all though my mum sometimes gives off subtle hints that she disapproves a bit. The feelings always been there ever since I was young I'm just afraid of how my doctor is going to react. I've been to her so many times about depression and sleeping problems I'm worried shes just going to think I'm some hypochondriac. Shall I just go the hell for it anyway? My mum just thinks I'm on the computer all the time so I just get stupid ideas from it but I really don't think thats the case. She also makes me feel ashamed of myself by doing that :zGoing to the doctor about having gender dysphoria?
Well consider yourself lucky young man because most families don't react that well. Just keep moving forward. Be persistent and I think your dreams will come true.



Patience, persistence, information and a professional assesssment will go a long ways towards getting your Mum on board.





Good Luck!







p.s. You're not changing your gender, you're changing the body to match it.





edit: Jamison Green, a trans man wrote:



';I could achieve my personal goal of adulthood. This means that I have chosen to change my appearance.... it does not mean my gender is socially---or even medically constructed. My gender has not changed; I have simply made its message clear';Going to the doctor about having gender dysphoria?
Please read the story of Samantha Kane/Sam Hashimi before you make a drastic change

No comments:

Post a Comment