Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I make sure that my mother had my gender changed on my birth certificate?

When I was born, the nurse accidentally put the wrong sex on my birth certificate; I am now seventeen and I am not sure whether or not my mother has had it changed (she said that she did, but she's a liar). How do I make sure that she did and how do I order a copy of my birth certificate to be sent to another state (I moved from FL to CA and I need it to get an identification card).



And do not ask me why she never bothered to change it, it just pisses me off because according to the law, I am a male when I really am a female. Grr.How do I make sure that my mother had my gender changed on my birth certificate?
the best thing i can tell you is to contact the department of health in Florida and tell them that you moved and you need to apply for a id and that you need a copy of your birth certificate and they should send you a copy of it. also when you talk to them let them know that they put the wrong gender on your birth certificate they maybe able to fix it for and then send you a new one.

heatherHow do I make sure that my mother had my gender changed on my birth certificate?
Call the County Clerk in the county that you were born in OR you can call the state capital and ask for the records department. They will send you a form to fill out (or you might be able to download one from their website), fill it out and pay the fee - usually about $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment