Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I am confused, what do you think?

I think that maybe I could be transgendered. I am (mostly) heterosexual, biologically speaking, so it's not my sexual orientation but my Identity I'm confused about. Given the opportunity I'd probably change gender. But this is never going to happen, so it's not really an option. To me it's society that is wrong, not me. I feel shackeled by beeing seen as what my genes make me. I guess I'd probably feel shackeled by beeing seen as the opposite sex, either. But how can I ever hope to free myself from those shackles when they are so damn tight? Even our very language is sexistic in dividing between male and female, and I know of no other that doesn't.



That's it. I'm aware that I don't even asked a real question, but perhaps you got something useful to say about the matter.



P.S.: Religious people, you're welcome, too, but I ask you with every respect to leave your religion out of this. Thank you.I am confused, what do you think?
I know this is easier said than done, but you just have to be yourself, and not worry quite so much about the shackles other people would put on you. We have adopted gender roles, but they have weakened over the years. Women in pants were almost unheard of 100 years ago, for instance. But if you are YOU and not always trying to fit into a prescribed role, most people today will respect you for that.



PS. I'm religious, but in a good way :)I am confused, what do you think?
I agree with you

we all feel confused about our identity and should together squash out social constraints on gender-identity and realize that childhood, genetics, and enviroment makes someone who they are, not just gender. Personally, I just wish I was taller, cause I'm too short.

Report Abuse


right, and I think everyone wants a futuristic sex-change operation, I mean the type where they change ur anatomy so you function and be able to reproduce as the other gender. it would be so fun! I 'm dead serious, It would be FUN!

Report Abuse


Well, looks like you have some issues. I wish you peace, and luck dealing with them. There are more people like this, I'll bet, than most people think.
Yes, you do seem confused but so are a lot of people when it comes to gender so it's ok. You are making good points about society. Just keep being yourself and hope society will catch up someday.
Our present society is quite judgemental and repressive regarding most issues around sex, including gender identification. You should seek counseling to help you cope with your situation and to come to terms with it. Also, do not think that gender is all or nothing. There are many transsexuals that identify as women, live as women, take hormones to look like women, and are essentially women in every way...other than the penis that they refuse to relinquish. And, they shouldn't have to relinquish it.



Be the person that you are most blessed to be. Be as much a woman as you long to be...and be as much a man as you feel comfortable being. Just be careful. The simple minded out there are so insecure in their own identities that they can feel quite threatened when someone decides to live a real life as the person they really are. If you don't already live in an open-minded community, then you really need to consider moving to one. It is unfair that you should have to move, but it will make your life much easier and safer.
I have experienced these feelings. I only lightly considered a sex change, but I strongly hated the fact that I was a woman. Our society says so much about gender. I don't think any of it is correct. I don't think gender has anything to do with anything. I love sex, society says that is bad, I love cars and sports, society says that is abnormal. I've found some peace recently. I've just begun to be myself regardless of what people think. It's going ok, but I have a long way to go. I am in therapy and that helps. And I have surrounded myself with people who don't treat me a certain way based on gender.



Of course, no one can decide what is best for you. Maybe you should get a sex change. Or, if that is not an option, cross-dressing and hormon drugs can take you a ways. I wear mens clothing sometimes and it helps me to feel like I fit in depending on the situation. If you really don't think you can be the gender you are, then maybe you shouldn't have to be. I've finally found something that works for me and it's up to everyone to find something for themselves. Hope that helps somewhat. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment