Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gender Confused?

When I was a kid, up until I was about 7 I truly believed that I was a girl, when in fact I am not. Maybe this had to do with the fact that I did everything my older sister did or not, either way , thats how it was. I dressed in girls clothes, played with girls at school, and played with dolls and such at home. Anyways, one day my dad got mad at me for it and basically told me I was a boy. I was crushed. I was disappointed for a long time, but eventually got over it, and for the longest time, lived reguarly as a guy.

I'm 18 now and , well, my wanting to be a girl is resurfacing. For the most part I'm straight, though I have had one relationship with a guy before(long story).

I love girls so much, yet at the same time I want to be one so badly. I'm not really keen on the whole gender change surgery idea, and at the same time I don't want to be a man.

I've searched my brain for answers and can't find them, so I hope somebody on here can tell me who I am , and what I can do.

Thanks.Gender Confused?
It 'sounds' like you may be transgendered.

Your sexual prefernce (girls or guys) has nothing to do with what gender you identify as.



However, the real answer does come from you, even if it is difficult to find.



Even if you do undergo hormone therapy you don't need to have sexual reassignment surgery...several people don't. You don't need to have any surgery. You can go on and live life as a girl and never have to be a man again.



You can love girls to death....you can change genders and still like girls. Your gender is different from your sexuality.



Think about your past feelings and experiences. When your dad said ';You're a boy!'; and you were granted any wish in the world, would you wish to be a girl? Is it the same now?



If that isn't you #1 wish then maybe you don't like being a man, but you don't want to be a girl either...maybe you are just androgynous. You can be a 'girly looking man' or a 'boyish looking girl'. You don't need to be on extreme or the other.



Maybe your place is somewhere in the middle?



If you still can't find the answer within yourself, maybe it is a good idea to seek out a therapist or psychiatrist who can further help you understand your feelings.



I wish you all the luck in the world.Gender Confused?
Well, when you want to be straight, get a girl, but when you want to be a girl, well, go grab a guy and be the bottom! :)
Hi, Well my story is very very similar to yours. but yeah. I have a website that might help you out. it isnt my site its just a site i found with alot of info. also if you have anymore questions my email is girly_boy44@yahoo.com
Trans people can be gay/lesbian, straight or bi, just like anyone else. So, you could be trans and a lesbian/bi. There is a good chance you are, although perhaps not. Time will tell. If you're not, these thoughts will probably go away sometime soon. If they don't go away, go see a psychologist and figure out whether you want to transition with hormones and all.
You are who you choose to be.

If you want to repress those feelings, and it doesn't bother you to do so, then do that.

But if you don't feel comfortable being in men's clothes, then you shouldn't feel like you're supposed to be. Wear women's clothes; it's your right. No one can stop you.

You don't have to have the surgery unless you feel you need it. But I'm just letting you know, it's hard to get a girlfriend when you're a wolf in sheep's clothing.

And if you'd prefer guys, there are other guys who cross-dress too. You're never alone.

But only you can tell yourself who you are.

Good luck, love.
Many of us require more time than others to figure our issues out. Have patience with yourself because self-acceptance can't be rushed. However, in your case I might suggest talking with a gender therapist. Sometimes just talking to a real live person and doing what I like to call a ';core dump'; helps bring things into focus. Don't think about surgery and what not right now, you're getting way too ahead of yourself. Surgery is the last step for some people and you're only at the beginning of your journey. A journey who's story has yet to be written.



As others have mentioned there are lots of possibilities out there. Maybe a review of this sites TG/TS basics section would help:



http://www.LynnConway.com





If you decide you'd like to correspond with others, a good on-line support forum for people your age is:



http://www.TrueSelves.com





And always remember: You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment